Monday, March 01, 2004

For whom ?

Hello,

Sometime back I was having a chat with one of my juniors (he blogs too), and I happened to mention that I find his blog pretty boring. He said he writes it for himself and not for others. And added that till a while ago he used to write for others and then his blog used to be interesting.

His remark made me ponder 'For whom does a blog exist ?'. Let us first look up the dictionary meaning of the word blog. The dictionary says - ' A blog is a shared on-line journal where people can post diary entries about their personal experiences and hobbies.' Which not at all clears up any sort of confusion! Because it says two things - that a blog is shared and that it is a diary entry - which are absolutely contradictory. One does not share what he/she writes in his/her diary! I never had a diary, but I presume people don't write diaries to share.

But anyways, as I started writing this piece of nonsense, I got it right. One can use a blog for anything. Write for himself or write for others, or not write at all! So whatever you want to do with your blog is upto you, but for God's sake if you tell me that your blog is so and so address, then have something interesting up there :P

See you later,

Ankur.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home