Sunday, October 10, 2004

The 50-book challenge..

Have recently finished reading 'Lajja' by Taslima Nasrin. Great book. Must read. So much so for the review. The real point is that this record of mine, of reading books with sad endings Vs books with happy endings, is just going from bad to worse book by book. Since January this year whatever I've read has been predominantly depressing. And I am depressed. What else?! I need a happy happy book now.

Oh and by the way, why have I been keeping record of books I read? Well, there's something called a 50-book challenge (which some of you might know of very well) that I've taken up unknowingly. And am I a big big loser! Have now picked up just the 15th book for the year - 'The Goal II - It's Not Luck' by Eliyahu M. Goldratt, and it's October already :(

Anyhow, the book is good, but isn't as captivating as the first novel - 'The Goal' (and by the way, if you are an engineer and haven't yet read this, I'd sugguest you drop dead!). This I say while I am just halfway through it and so the review might change. Have been trying to talk myself into picking up Lotr for long now, but I am just not being able to do that, which is very surprising considering my love for the movie(s). Plan to finish off Goal II over the weekend, and then pick up on my speed. I hope to do at least 25 this year. Even that'll be great!

Keeping my fingers crossed,

Ankur.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home